FOR CUSTOMERS AND SUBSCRIBERS
Effective April 20, 2021
This Privacy Notice is designed to explain and elaborate how Provintell process personal data in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and the laws of Malaysia. Provintell will only collect, hold, use, disclose and store (i.e. “process”) your personal information in accordance with such laws. For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, please note that: – “Provintell” refers to PROVINTELL Technologies Sdn Bhd and its affiliates. – “Personal information” refers to any information which relates directly or indirectly to you and/ or your transactions with us. This information includes but not limited to your name, address, occupation, contact details, type of products and/ or services subscribed.
Types of Personal Information Collected
In order for Provintell to provide you with our products and/ or services, we need to collect personal data from you to contact or identify you (“Personal information”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
– Personal information that you provide when you request for or subscribe to our products/ services, and/ or mailing list e.g. Name, email, phone number, address, location, payment information.
– Information about your organization and your contacts such as colleagues.
– Your image, voice when you attended physical or virtual event organized by Provintell.
We may obtain this information from yourself and from a variety of sources, including but not limited to:
– Through your verbal and written communications with us and/ or our authorized partners and/ or reseller.
– Through registration for or attendance of event organized by Provintell.
– From the transactions you made and from the payments which are made from your account(s)/ facility (ies).
How We Use Your Personal Information
Provintell may use the collected data for one or more of the following purposes:
– To access and validate your request(s) for our product(s) and service(s).
– To notify you about updates and/ or benefits to our product(s) and service(s).
– To respond to your enquiries, feedbacks, request for support.
– To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
– For audit, complaint and risk management purposes.
– To produce data, reports and statistics which have been anonymised or aggregated in a manner that does not identify you as individual.
– To better manage our business and relationship with you.
– To administer offers, promotions and competition.
– To provide you with information on our and/ or third party products, services and/ or events which may be of interest to you.
– To protect or enforce our rights to recover any debt owing to us.
– For any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations and/ or relevant regulatory authorities.
Location of Personal Information
Your personal information may be stored and/ or accessed in and outside of Malaysia. Whenever we transfer personal information to other jurisdictions, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
Disclosure of Data
Provintell may be required or need to disclose information to the third parties:
– Companies and/ or organizations that provide services to us in communicating our products and services to you;
– Companies and/ or organization that acts as our business partners, affiliates, service providers, professional advisers, within or outside Malaysia, where necessary;
– Your advisers or representatives where authorized by you.
Provintell will treat your personal information as private and confidential and will not disclose your information to anyone outside of Provintell except:
– Where you have given permission;
– Where we are required or permitted to do so by law.
– Where we are required to meet our obligation to any relevant regulatory authority (in or outside of Malaysia).
Security of Your Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to Provintell. We regularly review and implement up to date technical and organizational security measures when processing your personal information.
Links to Other Sites
Provintell website may contain links to other sites which are not operated by us. You are advised to review the Privacy Notice of every site you visit. We assume no responsibility for the content, privacy notices or practices of any third party sites or services.
Children’s Personal Information
Provintell does not provide any product or service to anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If your children have provided us with personal information, you may contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from children without verification of parental consent, we will take necessary steps to remove such information from our storage.
Retention of Your Personal Information
Provintell will retain your personal information in compliance with this Privacy Notice for the duration of your relationship with us, or for period we deem necessary and/ or required by Provintell’s relevant policies, where otherwise required by the law.
Your Rights To Access and Correct Your Personal Information
We assist you to access and correct your personal information held by us. Provintell will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal information. We will use discretion in allowing the request to access and/ or correct, to avoid fraud and inaccuracy.
Revisions To Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be revised from time to time and notice of revision will be given on Provintell’s website and/ or by other means of communication deemed suitable by Provintell.